Friday, February 10, 2006

Chapatis with leftover sambar

Made yummy rotis for dinner yesterday. Combined a couple of ideas. An aquiantence told me that she has trouble getting her daughters to eat veggies. So what she does is put in lots of veggies into sambar, takes them out and use those veggies to mix the dough for rotis and the girls eat the rotis with out complaining. Thankfully no such problem with sahithi for me. She is one child who totally LOVES vegetables. Both raw and cooked. Frozen french cut beans are her absolute favourite. The lady who takes care of her at the daycare is always amazed to see her eat veggies with such relish. I keep telling my self that I should not deviate from the topic but invariably I wander of to some that's totally not related to what I was talking about.:) Back to rotis now. I had little leftover sambar with lots of veggies in it. Used those to make rotis and also added an avocado. This tip came from Indira. The end product was a deliciously different roti. It had a nice color to it because of the sambar and tasted absolutly great. Did not get a picture from dinner yesterday. I made enough dough to last for another meal. Will add the picture after I make the next batch. Anybody visiting this blog on a regular basis, please get used to me talking about Sahithi very often. I try not to do it but it's hard. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous parul said...

Ok , Comment left.
Happy? :)

2/10/2006 04:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Smita said...

Ok babe.... this one looks best.... so much practical and more doable...... for lazy pigs like me....

Wonderful, wonderful !!!

I have seen that doing the same with daal in atta can be used to make excellent parathas....

2/12/2006 01:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home